- 2 cups raw pumpkin or pumpkin seeds
- 1 liter of safe water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ bell pepper (red) roasted, without skin or seeds
- 2 small tomatoes (perita) roasted or baked, without skin or seeds
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, chopped fresh oregano, chopped fresh parsley, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place a little water and the seeds in the blender. Press to reduce to a homogeneous cream. Strain to remove the solid parts of the peel, return the pasta to the blender and slowly add the rest of the water, integrating very well. Pour into a stock pot or casserole and cook over low-moderate heat to boil for 10 minutes.
In a frying pan, place the olive oil and fry the garlic and onion there until transparent. Then, add the chopped tomatoes, chopped bell pepper, and herbs to taste. Add to the pot and cook boiling for 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with some toasted seeds on top.